Inspections & Assesments
Our inspections are fully independent and include:
- Annual Inspections
- Operational (Quarterly) Inspections
- Post Installation Inspections
- Risk Assessments
- Playground Audits
- Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) Assessments
We tailor our inspections to your specific needs and enable you to balance excitement and challenge with robust safety procedures.
Our experience has sadly been that too often Local Authorities and other playground managers feel pressurised into unnecessary expenditure by poor inspections. Please see our publication “Poor Playground Inspection Reports Leading to Wasteful Expenditure”. Cheaper inspections can cost more in the long run.
We take great care to ensure that our advice is carefully prioritised so that valuable resources are spent on necessary repairs or modifications and that unnecessary expenditure is avoided.
Our enhanced “Playground Audits” assess the following and give ratings so that comparisons can be made:
- Play Value – Are you getting good value for money from the existing design/equipment?
- Social Safety – Will children or single parents feel safe using the playground? What usage does it receive and how could this be improved?
- Vulnerability to Vandalism – Why are some playgrounds more vulnerable than others?
- Development Potential – Is what’s on offer appropriate for the likely usage and potential catchment?
- Maintenance – Is the level of maintenance satisfactory?
The resultant reports are tools you can use to increase play value and reduce costs.
Natural Play Areas
Rob Wheway, our principal consultant, also specialises in the inspection of bespoke or “natural” play areas. As part of the service he offers advice at pre-installation and design stages so that unnecessary problems can be avoided at an early stage.
Rob is one of the joint authors of “Fallen Trees at Climbing Structures” (2009), pub. London Play, which can be downloaded free from http://www.londonplay.org.uk/document.php?document_id=1469
For more information contact Rob Wheway at: firstname.lastname@example.org